Wednesday 2 November 2016

Missing Australian Tourist Found Alive.

An Australian tourist has been found in a Malaysian mountain range after he was reported missing two weeks ago.

Rescuers found Andrew Gaskell, 26, in Mulu National Park in the state of Sarawak of Malaysian Borneo. He was in a weakened state, but he was conscious and able to speak.

The paper reported Gaskell had maggots fixed to one leg and he was being treated at Miri Hospital.

More than 60 people helped search for Gaskell since he was first reported missing on Oct. 20.

Before his trip, the tourist described in a blog his plan to travel solo to Asia in August.

“My main travel goals are to have genuine cultural experiences with local people outside of the mainstream tourist attractions; and to climb a lot of mountains,” he wrote. “And maybe, just maybe, in the course of my travels I’ll come to some sort of conclusion as to who I am and what I want to do with my life. And so begins my journey beyond the horizon…”

No comments: