The chicken and marinade are so easy to make. Leave overnight in the refrigerator to develop flavour. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons English mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1.5kg skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into bite-sized pieces
- For the dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250ml) low fat natural yoghurt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- In a medium bowl, stir together oil, yoghurt, tomato sauce and mustard. Season with paprika, allspice, black pepper, cinnamon and curry powder.
- Stir in chicken, coating all sides with marinade. Cover bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
- To make dipping sauce: Mix together mayonnaise, yoghurt, garlic and salt in a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a shallow baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until tender.