Friday, 28 October 2016
UAE: 2.1 Million Passengers Received At Abu Dhabi International Airport September 2016
Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) welcomed 2.1 million passengers throughout September, marking an increase of 5% on September 2015. Since the beginning of the year, passenger traffic has grown 6% from the same period last year, with 18,528,723 passengers between January 1 and September 30.
- Total departures numbered 352,067, which signify a 10.1% increase on September 2015.
- Passenger traffic to India grew 10% on 2015, which maintained its position as the top destination, with 355,328 passengers throughout September.
- Passengers to Qatar totaled 70,627, representing an increase of 18.4% compared to September 2015.
- Saudi Arabia rose to become the third busiest destination, with traffic to and from the country increasing by 19%.
- Traffic to and from Egypt rose by 37.9% to 57,885 passengers.