Friday 18 January 2019

JAMAICA: Super Lotto Winner Of $158.4 Million Appears After 54 Days Of Waiting

Supreme Ventures' $158.4 million Super Lotto winner has finally come forward!

A Campbell kept a number of people waiting and wondering for 54 days about the whereabouts of Jamaica's latest super millionaire.

Campbell purchased a $200 ticket with the winning numbers 10, 14, 16, 25, 27 and Super Ball 5 for draw #949 on November 23 last year at G & E Grocery on Omara Road, Kingston.

“I got the numbers from a dream. I don't remember the dream for this set of numbers because I have so many of them. I bought nine tickets for that draw,” said Campbell.

“I found out the same night [that I won]. Normally I would write down the numbers from the [televised] draw, eat and then go and check my numbers.”

But on the night of November 23, his ritual took a drastic turn.

“I looked at my ticket and ran into my bathroom and said 'I won! I won!' From the day I found out that I won I've been sick. My head hurt me for three days because I was thinking so much if what I've been longing for really come true. I had a belly ache for two weeks, sometimes I feel so much pain, I forgot that I won,” he chuckled.

Campbell, who has been purchasing Super Lotto tickets religiously since it was added to the roster of SVL games, said he was fully aware that the February 21 deadline to collect the jackpot was fast approaching.

“I was aware of the 90-day deadline, but I just wanted to get myself together before I came forward.”

Now that he has had over 54 days to think about how to spend his $158.4 million jackpot, Campbell said high on his list of priorities is to purchase a house.

“I want to get a nice house. I haven't found it yet, but I'll be looking for one soon.”

He is also eyeing several investment options, so he can hold onto his once in a lifetime jackpot for as long as possible.

“I like to handle money. I don't beg, I don't borrow. So, I'm looking at things that can turn over the money. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment. I love to have money,” he said.

Gail Abrahams, vice-president, marketing, communications and sponsorships at Supreme Ventures, said the company is ecstatic that the winner came forward before the deadline.

“We urge the winners for all of our games, especially those of the huge jackpots like Lotto and Super Lotto, to check their tickets and come forward before the 90-day deadline so we can make arrangements to pay over these life-changing amounts speedily. We are overjoyed that Mr Campbell came forward. We had no doubt that he would eventually present himself and the winning ticket and we're happy that we can make him our newest super millionaire,” she said.


Tourism Observer

No comments: