Sunday, 23 December 2018
OMAN: SalamAir An Expanding Low-cost Airline From Oman
Salam Air is owned by the Muscat National Development and Investment Company (ASAAS) which won a government tender in January 2016.
Founded in 2014, ASAAS is a partnership between the State General Reserve Fund, Muscat Municipality, and various pension funds. Oman's Public Authority for Civil Aviation (PACA) had invited bids in 2015 for a low-cost commercial airline operator in Oman.
The airline operates three Airbus A320-200s leased from South America’s LATAM Group. Its first aircraft arrived in Muscat on November 18, 2016 to coincide with the country’s National Day.
The airline commenced flights between the Omani cities of Muscat and Salalah from 30 January 2017, SalamAir flew the Muscat–Dubai route, the airline's first international service, on 28 February 2017.
It initially served Dubai World Central but the service has switched to Dubai International Airport on October 2017. Since opening, Salam Air started operations to Jeddah, Madinah and Ta'if in KSA, and has also launched flights to Karachi, Multan, Sialkot and in Pakistan.
Qatar is planned to be the third country the airline will operate to flying Hamad International Airport.
As of March 2017, Khalid Al Yahmadi held the chairman position. As of July 2018, the CEO position is held by Mohammed Ahmed
SalamAir serves the following destinations:
- Baku, Azerbaijan, Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- Dhaka, Bangladesh, Shahjalal International Airport
- Doha, Qatar, Hamad International Airport
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Dubai International Airport
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Karachi, Pakistan, Jinnah International Airport
- Kathmandu, Nepal, Tribhuvan International Airport
- Khartoum, Sudan, Khartoum International Airport
- Medina, Saudi Arabia, Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz Airport
- Multan, Pakistan, Multan International Airport
- Mukhaizna, Oman, Mukhaizna Airport
- Muscat, Oman, Muscat International Airport
- Najaf, Iraq, Al Najaf International Airport
- Salalah, Oman, Salalah International Airport
- Shiraz, Iran, Shiraz International Airport
- Sialkot, Pakistan, Sialkot International Airport
- Sohar, Oman, Sohar Airport
- Tbilisi, Georgia, Tbilisi International Airport
SalamAir fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- Airbus A320-200 (3) Carrying 174 Passengers
- Airbus A320neo (1)
- Total Aircraft (4)