Sunday, 30 July 2017
PREPARE: Pineapple With Honeycomb Or Honey, Good For The Diabetic
Size: 2/3cup pineapple mixture and 1 teaspoon honeycomb or honey
Grams Per Serving: 29
- 1 medium pineapple (about 3 pounds)
-1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 teaspoons honeycomb or honey
- Peel pineapple; core and cut into 1-inch cubes. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add pineapple; cook over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until pineapple is caramelized, gently turning pineapple cubes with tongs to caramelize evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine caramelized pineapple, fresh mint, and sea salt; toss to mix well.
- To serve, top with honeycomb or drizzle with honey.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 136 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 121 mg sodium, 29 g carb. (3 g fiber, 23 g sugars), 1 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 0.5; Other Carb (d.e): 1; Fruit (d.e): 1;