Sunday, 23 July 2017
PREPARE: Kiwi Fruit Pizza
6 Servings • 15 Min. Prep Time • 12 Min. Cook Time • Yogurt or ice cream
- 1 c. self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 gold kiwifruit
- 2 green kiwifruit
- 4 Tbsp. cream cheese or substitute no fat cream cheese for lite version
- 3-4 strawberries or grapes
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
1. To make the base, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; then, add enough milk to make a soft dough.
2. Pat out on a lightly greased cookie sheet to form a 7 to 8 inch circle. Flute the edges, if desired.
3. Brush the dough with the melted butter and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden and cooked.
Set aside to cool completely.
4. Peel and slice the kiwifruit into rounds. Mash one kiwifruit with a fork, and combine it with the cream cheese.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture over the finished pizza base.
6. Top with slices of the remaining fruit, alternating green and gold slices and filling the center with strawberries or grapes.
Sprinkle with nuts.
The pizza can be briefly grilled and served warm if desired.
Alternatively, serve it at room temperature. Excellent served with yogurt or ice cream.
Serve And Enjoy The Pizza