Sunday, 30 July 2017
PREPARE: Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Red Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large red sweet peppers, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine slivered garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Brush pork with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil; press garlic mixture onto all sides.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F.
- Cover with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper wedges.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until peppers are well-browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer a third of the peppers to a blender or food processor.
- Add minced garlic and the remaining 3 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Process until almost smooth.
- Add additional oil, if necessary, to create pesto-like consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve pork with red pepper pesto and roasted pepper wedges. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
Nutrition Value in Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Pesto.
Per serving: 293 kcal cal., 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 11 g monounsatured fat), 74 mg chol., 354 mg sodium, 7 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 25 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet