Sunday, 23 July 2017
PREPARE: Moroccan Chicken With Eggplant
4 Servings • 10 Min. Prep Time • 70 Min. Cook Time
- 1-1/2 - 2 lb. chicken leg quarters
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. white wine or water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/4 c. pimento-stuffed green olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
1. In large skillet over medium high-heat, warm 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Season leg quarters with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
Add leg quarters to pan, skin-side down.
Brown chicken, turning once, 8-10 min. per side.
Remove chicken to plate and drain off all but 2 Tbsp. oil.
2. Add eggplant to hot pan and cook, stirring, 5 min.
Add remaining Tbsp. olive oil, along with zucchini, onion and garlic.
Cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
3. Raise heat to high and add white wine to pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits.
Add all other ingredients, except parsley, and place chicken legs in mixture. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 35-40 min. or until cooked through, or until an instant read thermometer reads 170º.
4. To serve, place some of the eggplant ragout onto plates, top with a leg quarter and sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 370; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 900mg;
Serve And Enjoy Your Meal