Sunday, 23 July 2017
PREPARE: Spicy Mary Ham Steaks
6 Servings • 10 Min. Prep Time • 15 Min. Cook Time • 8 Hrs. Marinate Time
- 2 smoked bone-in ham slices, each about 1 lb. and 1/2 in. thick
- 2 1/2 c. extra spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Spicy Mary Salsa:
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped *(optional)
- 1/2 c. reserved bloody mary marinade
TO PREVENT BURNING OF SKIN AND EYES, do not touch jalapeno chile with your bare hands.
Wear plastic or rubber gloves to finely chop chile and afterwards wash hands well with soap and water.
1. Stir together Bloody Mary mix, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl. Set aside 3/4 c. Bloody Mary marinade.
2. Place ham slices in large, resealable bag. Pour remaining 1 3/4 c. Bloody Mary marinade over ham; close bag to seal. Turn bag to evenly coat ham with bloody Mary marinade; place in baking dish. Refrigerate for 6-8 hrs., turning bag occasionally.
3. Remove ham from marinade; discard marinade from ham. Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill ham, uncovered, over direct heat for 5-8 min. or until heated through, turning ham slices over halfway during grilling and brushing often with 1/4 c. of the reserved marinade.
4. Transfer ham to cutting board and cut into serving-size pieces. Serve with salsa.
Spicy Bloody Mary Salsa:
1. Stir together tomatoes, orange, celery, onions and chile, if desired, in medium bowl.
Add reserved marinade. Gently toss until tomato mixture is coated. Makes about 3 c.
* Nutrition information is for Ham Steaks only.
* Salsa Nutrition:
Calories: 4 cal.
Fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol 0 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 1 gram
Protein: 0 grams
Sodium: 15 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Serve And Enjoy Your Meal