Sunday, 23 July 2017
PREPARE: Grilled Ribeye (Rib) Pork Chops
4 Servings • 10 Min. Prep Time • 30 Min. Cook Time
- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 1-in. thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for brushing grill grate
Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Chive Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-in. cubes
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat the grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
Season the chops with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Place pork on the grill for 8-9 min., turning once halfway through, until cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Remove pork from the grill, tent it with foil; let it rest for 3 min.
3. To make the mashed potatoes, add potatoes to a pot with water, over high heat and boil for 15 min.
Drain the water and add the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the chopped chives, salt and pepper.
4. To make the Spicy BBQ Sauce, heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
Sauté the onion until soft and add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, and cayenne.
Simmer for 15 min.
so the sauce thickens and turn off heat. Once cooled, puree the sauce in a blender.
Serve the chops alongside the potatoes and a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
* (1 serving: 1 chop, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons sauce)
* Oil is not included in the nutritional value since it's for brushing the grill, vs. the chops
* To give the potatoes a bit of extra decadence, without the work, incorporate a small spoonful of mascarpone or cream cheese for a creamy finish.
Calories: 330 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 65mg Total Carbs: 38g Fiber: 2g Protein: 65g Sodium: 270mg
Serve And Enjoy Your Meal