Sunday, 23 July 2017
PREPARE: Grilled Eye Round Steaks With Wasabi-Yogurt Cream
4 Servings • 25 Min. Prep Time • 12 Min. Cook Time • 6 Hr. Marinate Time
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 3/4-in. thick (about 4 oz. each)
- 1-1/2 c. plain yogurt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp. wasabi paste
1. Combine 1/2 c. yogurt, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Place beef steaks and yogurt mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hr. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile line a strainer with paper towels; set over small bowl. Place remaining 1 c. yogurt in strainer. Cover; let drain in refrigerator 30 min. or as long as overnight to thicken.
3. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10-12 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
4. Meanwhile combine thickened yogurt and wasabi paste. Set aside.
5. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with wasabi-yogurt mixture.
* 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish may be substituted for wasabi paste.
Calories: 195; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 57mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 9mg;
Serve And Enjoy The Meal