We'd like to take this opportunity to wish all our friends around the world a wonderful holiday season! Fa'afetai tele lava (thank you very much) for your alofas (love) and interest in Samoa, and we hope to welcome you again to our beautiful Samoa in 2017.
Manuia le Kerisimasi ma le Tausaga Fou!
(Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!)
SIX THINGS THAT MADE SAMOA SMILE THIS YEAR
- An iconic part of Samoa returned; a new resort opened and became an everyday star, and Talofa Airways made it even easier to jump between our two islands or skip across the International Dateline in less than 10 minutes!
- Samoans took the top place in the world with Dwayne the Rock Johnson named as the world's sexiest man, and Samoan son, Joseph Parker winning the WBO heavyweight championship title. Learn about Joseph's Samoan heritage here.
- Phase one of the new airport building at Faleolo International Airport was unveiled – the new departure area is probably the only upside of having to finish up your stay in Samoa!
- It's no secret that Samoans love vibrant colours and fresh styles, so the inaugural Samoan Fashion Week was a cause for real celebration and it inspired us all. We hope to see you at the 2017 events!
- Not only did we elect a new Miss Samoa – congratulations Priscilla Olano! – but Samoa was the host nation for the 30th annual Miss Pacific Islands event which showcased Polynesian culture and leadership.
- We're loving the results of an increased focus on organic, locally produced food! Samoan chefs, farmers and restaurateurs are getting around the table (!) to promote the real taste of Samoa. On your next visit to Samoa, look for initiatives such as the recent Twilight Markets held by Women in Business Development.