Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Lemon Glazed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 pork chop and 2 tablespoons glaze
Grams Per Serving: 13
- 4 bone-in pork chops, cut about 1/2-inch thick about 1- 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4-1/3 cup seedless raspberry fruit spread
- 3 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Trim fat from pork chops; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the fruit spread, barbecue sauce, and lemon peel; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine black pepper, salt, and allspice.
- Sprinkle evenly over both sides of pork chops.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat until hot.
- Cook the pork 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until just beginning to brown. (Note: it will still be slightly pink in center).
- Remove the pork and set aside on separate plate.
- Add the fruit spread mixture to the same skillet.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Add the pork chops and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until pork chops are glazed, turning occasionally.
- Place on serving platter and spoon any remaining glaze in pan over all.
- Makes 4 (1 pork chop and 2 tablespoons glaze each) servings
- For a sweeter, thinner glaze, use 1/3 cup fruit spread.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving Of Lemon Glazed Pork Chops:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 180 cal., 45 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 60 mg chol., 360 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (11 g sugars), 20 g pro