Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Beef And Bean Stew, Serve With Ugali, Rice,Matooke Or Sweet Potatotoes- Good For The Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 cup
Grams Per Serving: 34
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 16 - ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 - ounce can tomato sauce with onion and garlic
- 1 14 1/2 - ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 28 - ounce package frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker stir together meat, beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, potatoes, and seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If desired, garnish each serving with oregano leaves.
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner.
- Add ingredients as directed in recipe.
- Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner.
- Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 6 Pax
PER SERVING: 249 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 527 mg sodium, 34 g carb. (7 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 24 g pro.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment