Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Fajita Chicken Chili
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 6 mins
Slow Cook: on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded cheddar, sour cream, guacamole and flour tortillas (optional)
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 6 minutes, until lightly browned. Cook in 2 batches, if necessary.
- In slow cooker bowl, layer onions, peppers, cooked chicken and beans.
- Combine tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Pour over beans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream, guacamole and flour tortillas, if you used them.
For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner.
Add ingredients as directed in recipe.
Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner.
Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Information for Fajita-Style Chicken Chili
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 353 cal., 8 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 104 mg chol., 920 mg sodium, 24 g carb. (8 g fiber), 44 g pro.