Recruiter: St Regis Dubai
Location: United Arab Emirates - Dubai
St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York.
From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service.
Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- Greet persons entering the office, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct/escort to destination.
- Open, read, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies. Take and distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals.
- Handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests.
- Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals. Document and communicate all guest requests/complaints to appropriate personnel.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi, Point of Sale, HR technology).
Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Stress Tolerance - Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.