Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Beef Curry With Peas And Grape Tomatoes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Carb Grams Per Serving: 63
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, boiled 1 minute and drained
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add ground beef and saute until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer meat to a bowl; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Pour fat from skillet and add remaining oil.
- Add onion; saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Mix in curry powder and garam masala; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add tomatoes and remaining salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add beef, peas, coconut milk and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer.
- Serve over rice noodles, topped with lime juice and cilantro.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 472 cal., 14 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 63 g carb. (5 g fiber), 23 g pro.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment