Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Vegetable Fried Rice
This is a complete meal in itself, you get the carbohydrates from rice, vitamins and minerals from vegetables and proteins from the curd in the raita. The best part is that, its very simple and you can never go wrong, once you get the rice cooked to perfection.
Preparation time:15 minutes only
Cooking time: 15-20minutes
- 2 cups Basmati Rice or any raw white long grain rice
- 1 table spoon Vegetable oil/ Olive oil
- 10-12 French Beans, finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabbage (make sure to wash it after shredding)
- 1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 2 table Spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 3-4 Green chillies chopped
- 2-3 Maggi Magic Cubes
- 1 table Spoon Garam Masala
- 2tbsp Vegetable oil/ Oilve oil
- Add Salt only if required because magic cubes have salt
1. Keep the water for boiling in a pot, in the meantime, wash rice thourougly and let it soak till water boils.
2. Add the soaked rice and oil to the boiling water.
3.Let the rice cook, make sure you keep checking the rice after the water starts boiling again with the added rice. You really don't want the rice to get fully cooked.
4. Once the rice is half cooked remove from heat and drain the water, and let it cool.
If by mistake rice gets cooked too much immediately run cold water through it to stop it from cooking further.
5. In a pan heat 2tbsp oil, and saute ginger and garlic paste add the chopped vegetable and stir fry on high heat. Cook covered for 3 minutes on low heat.
6. Add the cooked rice and magic cubes and garam masala, stir fry on high heat. Cook covered for two minutes.
7. Serve hot.