Sunday, 20 August 2017
PREPARE: Moroccan Chicken Stew, Serve With Rice
- Prep 30 mins
- Slow Cook 6 hrs low-heat setting
The inviting aroma of apricots, chicken, couscous, and garlic in your slow cooker makes you feel welcome when you come home after a busy day.
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 14 - ounce can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot cooked couscous
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker place carrots and onions.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add to cooker; top chicken with raisins and apricots.
- In bowl whisk broth, tomato paste, flour, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add to cooker. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6-1/2 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve in bowls with couscous.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serves 4.
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner.
- Add ingredients as directed in recipe.
- Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner.
- Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts For Moroccan Chicken Stew:
Servings Per Recipe 4, chol. (mg) 139, Riboflavin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 3, Niacin (mg) 20, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4, Folate (µg) 60, cal. (kcal) 600, pro. (g) 52, iron (mg) 5, vit. C (mg) 17, carb. (g) 65, Fat, total (g) 15, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 108, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 8, sodium (mg) 997, sugar (g) 28, Potassium (mg) 1302, calcium (mg) 111