Do you see yourself as a Human Resources Manager for Holiday Inn® (Pre –Opening ) Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG® we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies.
Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn (pre-opening).
In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 1200 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
At the moment we're looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our pre-opening team at Holiday Inn® - Dubai Festival City.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Human Resources Area Director of IHG® Dubai Festival City and within the limits of Holiday Inn® - Dubai Festival City policies and procedures, implements Human Resource policies and procedures, and enforces the Holiday Inn® HR framework including systems of Recruitment, Induction and orientation, Performance Appraisal, Employee Administration and Succession Planning.
Key responsibilities are:
· Liaises with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, employee benefits representatives, attorneys, applicants, government officials, colleges and universities, competitors and other members of the local community
· Manages Human Resource Department, ensuring compliance with all Corporate, area and hotel policies and procedures; and current local and government regulations pertaining to employment practices
· Assists the Human Resource Area Director of IHG® DFC, where appropriate, in the development and preparation of the Hotel’s Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan and Goals Programme
· Ensures clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer - employee relations, employee activities and hotel policies and programmes
· Prepares and submits periodic reports for management’s use in accordance with Corporate and government requirements, such as turnover reports, personnel inventories, absenteeism reports, health and safety, accident reports etc.
· Maintains and updates files on employee records, legal documents and other Personnel matters, efficiently and confidentiality
· Maintains effective communications at all levels of management and staff
· Assists in maintaining and creating a positive atmosphere within the hotel that allows for open two way communication that ensures morale and productivity reach the highest possible levels
· Develops and implements recruiting and screening systems and procedures in order to attract qualified candidates for position vacancies
· Ensures all new employees attend the hotel’s Orientation Programme in accordance with Holiday Inn® guidelines.
· Monitors the administration of the Performance Appraisal Programme and acts in an advisory capacity to hotel department heads on the process
· Participates in the Holiday Inn® Management Development and Succession Planning process by recommending candidates as appropriate
· Regularly analyses hotel manpower requirements and recommends selection and development activities to meet requirements
· Contributes to the development and implementation of improved methods of work and better utilisation of staff in all areas
· Counsels hotel personnel as needed in areas such as career planning, training and development, employee\personal relations and legal issues related to personnel
· Ensures applicable laws, regulations, Holiday Inn® policies and procedures, and union agreements are followed in relation to Grievance and Disciplinary procedures. Consults with department heads on appropriate actions and recommends to management final action to be taken
· Implements and monitors an effective employee relations and welfare programme in the hotel
· Participates in developing and implementing programmes to ensure employee security and safety
· Ensures all staff facilities are maintained in good order and meet hotel’s cleanliness standards
· Deals with all problems relating to individuals in an understanding, caring and confidential manner
· Ensures all staff are aware of company benefits and make these available
· Reviews hotel benefits and compensation levels in comparison with service sector competitors and makes recommendations to ensure the hotel remains competitive within the local employment market as appropriate
· Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the personnel field and makes recommendations as appropriate
· Serves as a member of the Union negotiating team and actively participates in the establishment of Union agreements. Oversees the implementation and administration of Union agreements
· Maintains control of Pension plans and safeguards both Company and staff interests. Ensures that all Government Regulations are adhered to
· Maintains hotel Disciplinary Procedures, conducts disciplinary meetings and completes the necessary documentation as necessary
· Ensures that all staff abide by the hotel dress codes and hotel rules
· Contributes towards regional activities as directed
· Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties including, co-ordinate the preparation of the departmental annual budget and manage the Department’s expenses.
· Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following qualifications and experience we're looking for:
Required Skills and Experiences:
· Excellent command and fluency of the English language
· Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
· Experience in different Adhoc and Payroll systems
· 2-3 years of demonstrated professional development in key leadership roles with international hospitality organizations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management / CIPD Certified
· Fluency in written and verbal English
In return we'll give you a competitive benefit package including accommodation, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG®.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: IMEA_MiddleEast-United Arab Emirates-DU-Dubai
Sep 3, 2017, 4:59:00 AM