Saturday, 2 June 2018
PREPARE: Stuffed Steamed Tilapia
You'll love the classic flavors in this steamed tilapia recipe.
The sauteed garlic, onion,ginger and tomatoes flavor the fish while it gently steams.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Asian, African
- Cooking Method: Steam
- 2 tilapia, cleaned and gutted
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peleed, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and calamansi juice, and salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Place tomato mixture into the cavity of the tilapia. Season fish with salt and ground pepper.
- Drizzle oil over the fish and rub to coat. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with preferred dipping sauce.
- Eat with Rice, Ugali, Matooke(plantains), Steamed potatoes or Chapatti.