Sunday, 6 August 2017
PREPARE: Portuguese Pork With Red Peppers
This pork dish combines the strength of garlic with the sweetness of red pepper balanced by a tangy lemon garnish.
- 4 large cloves garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch medallions 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 lemons
Add all ingredients to list
- Prep 35 minutes
- Cook 25 minutes
- Ready In 3 hours
- With a large mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, coarse salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and peppercorns into a fine paste.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- With a mallet, flatten the pork medallions to 1/4 inch thick. Place in the bowl with the garlic mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover, and marinate 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Stir in the pork and remaining garlic mixture.
- Quickly brown pork about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place red peppers into the skillet, and saute 2 to 5 minutes, until tender but firm.
- Pour white wine into the skillet, and scrape up the browned bits.
- Reduce heat to low, return pork to skillet, and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- Slice 1 1/2 lemons into thin rounds.
- Transfer the pork and pepper mixture to a serving platter.
- Squeeze juice of remaining 1/2 lemon over the pork and peppers, and garnish with the lemon rounds.
Tell me after you have enjoyed, what does it taste like?