Sunday, 3 June 2018
PREPARE: Ginger Pork With Cucumber
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili seeded if desired but finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. plus 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 c. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c. fresh mint
- Brown ground pork in cast-iron skillet in canola oil, 7 minutes.
- Toss with garlic, red chile, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger.
- Remove from heat and toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (adding 1/4 cup water if dry).
- Whisk 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger and brown sugar.
- Toss with cucumber and scallions; fold with cilantro and mint. Serve with pork over rice.
- Nutritional information (per serving): About 475 calories, 22.5 g fat (6 g saturated), 26 g protein, 435 mg sodium, 44 g carb, 3 g fiber
YIELDS: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 0 hours 15 mins
COOK TIME: 0 hours 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 30 mins