Wednesday, 20 June 2018
USA: Hilton SF Union Square Has New Hotel Manager, Garrett Parker
Hilton San Francisco Union Square has announced the appointment of Garrett Parker as the property’s new Hotel Manager.
Most recently, Parker served as Hotel Manager for San Francisco’s Parc 55 – A Hilton Hotel where he facilitated all facets of hotel operations, sales and marketing, revenue management and finance.
He has held management positions with Embassy Suites DC Convention Center, Washington Hilton, Capital Hilton, Hilton Baltimore, Embassy Suites Austin Downtown and Doubletree Dallas Campbell Center.
As a veteran Hilton associate, Parker has received many awards for his leadership in the hospitality industry. Most notably, his awards include:
- Genius of the “AND”
- The Connie
- Internal Controls
- Hotel of the Year
- Most Improved Loyalty
Because of his immediate impact not only within the Parc 55 and Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Parker was recognized as a finalist in the San Francisco Hotel Council’s Hotel Heroes awards, which recognizes top professionals in the industry throughout San Francisco.
Parker was a finalist for the category of Lifetime Achievement.
Parker received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and Finance from Schreiner University in Texas.
Parker’s global education also includes a range of exposure from his Cultural and Language Studies degree from Spain to General Manager Certification with Hilton’s Shine Program.
Parker’s accomplishments extend beyond business, awards and education to significant contributions to community involvement including the following:
- Installation of “Art at the Parc,” in which the hotel supports local artists to showcase their talents
- A robust partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of The Tenderloin
Support and involvement of Primed and Prepped an organization that provides students with the tools to mitigate employment barriers and hone their leadership skills.
Focused on hospitality management and culinary arts, the program is designed to support youth of color, ages 14-19, to develop culinary skills and be placed in internships and jobs.
Hilton San Francisco Union Square, located in the Theater District, puts you in walking distance to cable cars and Moscone Center and about 1 mile from Chinatown and Nob Hill.
This historic three-tower hotel provides rooms with city views, Cityscape lounge on the 46th floor and an expansive ballroom, ideal for your next special event. Relax on our 16th floor pool deck.
- Views of San Francisco up to 46 floors
- A TripAdvisor Green Leader
- 2 blocks from cable cars, Westfield San Francisco Center shops
- Near family-friendly Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, SF MOMA and AT&T Park
- In walking distance of theaters, Moscone Convention Center and Union Square
- Near MUNI and BART public transportation
The hotel is situated where everyone wants to be. Only about an hour or less from the airports, this San Francisco hotel is close to shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.
It's only 14 miles from San Francisco International Airport, 20 miles from Metropolitan Oakland International and 46 miles from San Jose International Airport.
Classic guest rooms offer an HDTV and WiFi access while ultra-modern rooms showcase city skyline or bay views. Upgrade to a junior or corner suite for more space. Accessible rooms are also available.
Hotel charges include a mandatory assessment of 1% for the Tourism Improvement District and 1.25% for the Moscone Expansion District.
Host a meeting or event in one of the 73 meeting rooms or celebrate a special occasion for up to 3,200 people in the opulent 30,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom. We also have an Executive Conference Center.
There’s plenty of choice for dining at Hilton San Francisco Union Square. Head to Herb ‘N Kitchen where you can eat your way – sit down, grab and go, or order to your room. Urban Tavern is the place to be for breakfast and our Lobby Bar is the perfect setting to unwind after a busy day.
Unwind with a swim in our outdoor 40-by-20-foot pool or use the high caliber equipment in our 2,800 sq. ft. health club. Our downtown hotel also provides a shipping office onsite, children's activities and a drug store and newsstand.
Visitors to Union Square, San Francisco invariably choose dining as one of the highlights of their stay. Being on the forefront of culinary trends has cultivated a passion for quality, freshness and a sophisticated co-mingling of flavors.
Expect cuisine and a dining experience not easily found elsewhere, serving up a hearty hot breakfast full of local options at Poached. Those on the go can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and breakfast pastry from Herb N' Kitchen.
After a long day, enjoy the central hub in The Lobby Bar. We are committed to offering a range of an extended selection of local and craft beers from San Francisco, Berkeley, Mendocino, Russian River, and other Bay Area locales and nearby cities.
Dine locally at Herb N' Kitchen or enjoy a meal through the convenience of room delivery.
Hilton’s new concept restaurant, Herb N' Kitchen is a casual, all-day restaurant that puts you in charge of what, when and where you eat.
In place of three set meals, Herb N’ Kitchen offers fresh, seasonal food throughout the day.
With a gourmet marketplace as a centerpiece and distinct zones for seating, guests can grab morning coffee and pastry from the Barista, share a just-made flatbread pizza with a colleague at lunch, and shop the gourmet market’s packaged salads, sandwiches and treats for in-room dinner.
Herb N' Kitchen Room delivery available during the following times:
6:00am - 10:00am and 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Visit the in-room menu and dial 5053 to place your order. You call us, we put it together, package it and send it right up to your room.
Helping guests prepare for the day ahead is a key element of the Hilton experience. Start your day with an extensive selection of cooked-to-order eggs and delicious local, regional and international breakfast options.
Savor a fresh cup of coffee or enjoy a cool drink of orange juice tableside.
The lobby has been completely transformed and at its centerpiece is the Lobby Bar engaging the space. Enjoy signature cocktails like the Blackberry Old Fashioned and Cucumber Apple Martini.
Featuring a full menu of locally-inspired cuisine, Urban Tavern has the distinctive personality of a metropolitan gastro pub, which highlights 50 wines within 50 miles, Bay Area beers and indigenous spirits.
A reflection of San Francisco’s bounty of seasonal ingredients, the diverse menu highlights premium products with a local flair, including Candied Pork Belly, Ahi-Salmon Hamachi Poke, Devil Fried Duck Eggs, Wild Mushrooms and Blackened Cauliflower, to name a few house specialties.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
Whether conducting business, keeping up with a fitness routine or looking to spend quality time with your family, our Hilton hotel is here to make the most of your stay by offering the services you need, the amenities you expect, and the extras you deserve.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS CONVENIENCE
Visit the on-site Business Center, located in Building Two, Lobby level.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
- Business Center
- Computer workstations
- Conference room rental
- Dataphones with Web access
- Express Mail
- Federal Express Office, onsite
- High-speed internet service
- Mail regular, overnight
- Meeting Rooms
- Notary Public
- Photo Copying Service
- Secretarial service
FOR YOUR FAMILY'S COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Kids are always welcome at Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
- Children's Menu
- High chairs
- Mini Refrigerators
- Rollaway Bed (per night) ($25.00)
FOR YOUR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
You'll feel at home with the many facilities and services at our hotel.
- Automated Teller (ATM)
- Baggage Storage
- Bar Area
- Bell Services
- Bell/Butler service
- Car Rental Desk
- Concierge Desk
- Digital Key Available
- Direct billing
- Doctor on call
- Drug store and newsstand
- Electric Car Charging Station
- Electric Service
- Electric charging station
- Fire alarms/sprinklers
- Foreign Currency Exchange
- Gift Shop
- GoLorrie's Information
- Green Initiatives
- Herb N' Kitchen
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Luggage Hold
- Multi-Lingual Staff
- News Stand
- On-Site Convenience Store
- Parking - self-park/valet
- Safety Deposit Box
- Tesla electric charge station
- Tour Desk
FOR YOUR FITNESS AND RECREATION CONVENIENCE
Enjoy our fully equipped 2,800 sq ft health club with high caliber equipment.
- Cardio Theater Viewing System
- Elliptical Trainers
- Fitness Room
- Free Weights
- Indoor Rower
- Lobby Concierge Desk
- Outdoor Pool/Whirlpool Access
- Precor Strength Circuit
- Resistance & Exercise Balls
- Sight Seeing Tours
- Stair Stepper/Freeclimber
- Stationary Bicycles
- Stretching/Exercise Mats
- Towel & Water Service
- Tower Tours
FOR YOUR ACCESSIBILITY NEEDS
The Following Features Are Available:
- Accessible Rooms
- Accessible business center
- Accessible concierge desk
- Accessible elevators
- Accessible exercise facility
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible hotel restaurant
- Accessible meeting rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool
- Accessible swimming pool
- listening devices for meetings upon request
- Automatic opening of bedroom door from the inside
- doors at least 32 inches wide
- Bedroom doors at least 32 inches wide (812mm)
- Braille elevator
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
- Digital alarm clock available with sound and a vibrating pad
- Digital alarm clock available with sound and strobe light
- Grab bars in bathroom
- Hotel complies with ADA Guidelines
- Hotel complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Inflatable chair available to assist in getting in and out of a bath
- Level or ramp entrance into the building
- Lowered emergency evacuation instructions
- Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged
- Rooms accessible to wheelchairs (no steps)
- Service support animals welcome
- Strobe alarms
- Swimming pool hoist for pool access
- TTY for guest use
- Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
- Vibrating fire alarm available
- Visual alarm for hearing impaired
- Visual alarms for hearing impaired in hallways
- Visual alarms for hearing impaired in public areas
- Wheelchair ramp for lobby/reception access
- The Following Features Are Not Available:
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the spa
- Accessible transportation with advance notice
- Valet only parking